Game Brainstorm


 In this blog post I will give 4 ideas for games I would like to develop


For my first idea I would take inspiration from games Pummel Party, Mario party and other real life board games. These games are based around mini games and to reach a end goal to get to the end of the board or get to the most amount of currency or some type of object in a certain amount of turns. These are my favourite types of games to play but will be hard to pull off to the amount of work that I will have to put into it to get all the mechanics working the way I do but I believe I can make it work in a much more simple form as I will describe below


The idea of my first game will be 3D board game where the objective is to move through the board avoiding traps. You will move through the board using some sort of chance of luck form, like a wheel spin or a roll of a dice. It would be single player as getting it mulitplayer would be extremely hard to get working. The colour scheme I have in my head for this idea is a black and bright purple/lime green. These colours you will be able to identify everything easily and no colours will blend easily into each other.

The objective of this game will be to avoid the traps along the board and try pick up boosts. Some traps may set you back to the start or a couple of steps like "Snakes and ladders" or even give you a handicap for a few rounds. And boost will add on perks such as being able to move forward 6 steps or turn off traps for 1 round and the goal will be to land perfectly on the end square.

I believe this game will be fun to make and I think it would be easy for people to follow and also challenging as it would just be a chance of luck, getting the mechanics behind it seem tough but I believe I could figure it out with enough research


For my second idea I have a first person shooter type game inspired by games like Call of Duty, Battlefield and Aim labs. All these games are first person shooters where there is an objecting to either kill all your enemies on the opposite team or capture an objective in a certain amount of time with games such as call of duty and battlefield or with Aim Labs it is to help focus on your aim and focus while shooting in first person but I believe I can combine these two types of shooter games and make a fun and easy to understand version as I will explain below


This idea for this shooter game will be be stuck in one place with a gun of a choice of 3-5 guns with the ability to look around. In this game all that will happened is that enemies of some sort like zombies, terrorists, or just overall bad looking people will come at you in waves and you goal is to stop them reaching your standing point, every wave the enemies will get stronger and faster. Every enemy that touches your area you will lose 10 health but every 1/100 zombies there will be a power up of some sort like an instant kill, or a nuke like in Call of Duty zombies.


Maybe I will make a end goal of some sort or a trophy system like you see on playstation or xbox, for every 1000 enemies you kill. I don't believe this game is made to have a definite end goal like my previous idea but this is a starting point of the idea. I do think this is my favourite idea out of all my ideas so far and it seems probably the most possible too.


This game seems a lot easier to make especially in Unity and I think it has great potential to develop even more into something bigger. I am not sure it will appeal to all audiences but it does seem like a good idea to make. I can not wait to see where this idea takes me and how it can develop even further


For my third idea I'd like to make a racing game of some sort like popular games like Mario Kart, Forza, F1. These games are all based around racing cars and going against other people and the end goal is to come first to win the game. Games like Mario Kart you can play offline against AI's / Computers, Same goes with Forza and F1 but they are preferred to play against online players. But I will focus on Mario Kart for now as it is the game I will most likely be inspired by and I will tell you how Mario Kart inspires my game idea


I played lots of Mario Kart growing up on the DS, Wii and even the switch now. Its such a fun game to play on your own or with friends. I will take a lot of inspiration for my idea below 


So how my third game will work it will be a 1v1 racer game where you will go against a AI and your goal is to go through a track filled with different obstacles to try slow you down and help your opponent win too. But there will also be power ups on the track to help give yourself a advantage against the AI such as speed boosts or different weapons to slow down your opponent like you can do in Mario Kart. I think this game will definitely take time to develop. The characters will be a simple blue and red. I may make the main character red as its a bold colour and easy to see yourself


I think this is a close to be my favourite idea but the shooter just stays ahead. I think many people can enjoy this game and will find it fun also as I believe Mario would of been part of their childhood in one way or another even if their not big into games right now


Most downloaded iPhone games: Mario Kart Tour tops Call of Duty and  Fortnite - The Verge


For my final idea I will make fighter/ battle game inspired by games like Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat has been in the gaming scene for a while now and is possibly the most known game to anyone after many different version on so many different devices, There are currently 11 different versions of the game as of now. There are 2D versions, 3D versions with different characters and different ways to use them. I will not being as into depth with my version if I decide to make it but there will be inspiration taken from it and let me explain how my game will work


Once again my game will be based off a 1v1, where there can only be 1 outcome and that is where the winner of the fight well.... wins. Once again I think for the characters I will go for a blue and red colour style on them to make them easy to identify when fighting and the colours wont clash. Maybe I will do the same with the other two game and there will be some type of power up that will help deal more damage against the opponent. I would think this idea would work best as a 2D game it would be a lot more easier to follow your character.


I think this game would be fun to develop with the right mind and will definitely be competitive. I feel like with a bit more thinking for this game it could develop into something a lot bigger than what I am thinking right now and does have a good potential.

 

Comments

  1. Very good ideas. If I were you I'D go for the fighting game idea. I only got into Mortal Kombat in the past year and I wish I had discovered it sooner. I have Mortal Kombat X on the PS4 and Mortal Kombat 11 on the Nintendo Switch and I really enjoy them both and I would definitely play your fighting game if you made one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ideas are really good! I think that the real life board game concept is really good and probably something that not many people will do! I'm a big fan of the Mario saga myself and Mario party is definitely in my top favourites so I think that this style of game will be really interesting! Best of luck with creating your games!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hey Luke,
    The ideas you have in mind seem really cool! I’d be really interested to play your final 3D board game, well that’s if you decide to go with that idea. Mario carts is probably one of the best games it’s so fun. I remember playing it on my old Nintendo. I love all your ideas you have and honestly the best of luck creating your game.

    alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luke I really like your ideas for your games they all seem very interesting. Your idea about having a game similar to a board game with the traps and currency and all of that sounds very fun as I am a very big fan of board games in general. It sounds a little like monopoly which I am also a huge fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man these are some SOLID idea's, Mario Kart for DS, Wii and Switch are my babies I'd love to see them be an inspiration or springboard for your game :) I also really like the idea of the shooter game, it reminds me of call of duty zombies a lot, maybe you could progress it to be a bunker your character is in, real Nacht Der Untoten vibes, but of course the standing still part of the game is really unique so I would love to see what you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Luke
    I really like all of the ideas you have for your game. The idea of a Mario party style game sounds really fun as well the only thing would be would you have enough time to get everything finished before the submission date. The shooter style game could work really well also I loved playing plants vs Zombies and I think that could work really well if it was done correctly those are the two that I think sounds the strongest and I cant wait to see what you come up with.
    Adam.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Design Document