Project Process



I have started to build my first 2D game today. I started this by opening up the Unity Hub and started a new project. I went into this project with one image only. That being a plain white square that I would use as my building blocks for making this game possible. I started off simple by making the white cube my player and added my movement script. So he can move side to side. I did say in my game document I would like it to be a constant movement to the right but I say it would be a little too difficult for the pace I had made the game. I had also added a jumping mechanic too to the player. I had also so far stuck with my colour scheme with the black and red I believe it works very well and it helps contrasts all the different surroundings in the game

When I move on to next weeks tasks I will want it so the purple cube causes the player to die and restart at the start of the level again. I also need it so when the player falls through the map he also dies so I will need to try figure something out to make that work. I would also like to make music some high tempo' d to match the speed of the game  and to add it so there is another connecting level so when the player finishes this one he goes through.

So  far making this game has gone a lot better as the previous experience from last semester and most of the things I am doing is the same but I am just adding 2D to the end of most things instead of 3D. I am working with rigid bodies and colliders again 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Introduction

Game Design Document