Hey everyone my name is Luke, I am 19 years old and I was born in Dublin Ireland. I currently live in Finglas and I attend TUD Blanchardstown for my education. I am studying Creative Digital Media and I am currently in my second year. A little about myself. I enjoy playing football and I support Liverpool FC. I have brown hair and blue eyes, so I am basically the perfect human being. I am a very social person and love going on a night out with my friends from work and college. But my average day consists of going out with friends during the week, shopping or getting food or just overall enjoying my day and then my weekends consists of my part-time job in McDonalds during the morning and then having the evening to myself. I enjoy playing video games such as GTA, Rocket League, FIFA, or The PS5 Spiderman games. These games have a somewhat intensity to them and I like that it keeps me alert and aware. Video games have a big part of my life as I grew up playing nintendo and then...
In this blog post I will give 4 ideas for games I would like to develop For my first idea I would take inspiration from games Pummel Party, Mario party and other real life board games. These games are based around mini games and to reach a end goal to get to the end of the board or get to the most amount of currency or some type of object in a certain amount of turns. These are my favourite types of games to play but will be hard to pull off to the amount of work that I will have to put into it to get all the mechanics working the way I do but I believe I can make it work in a much more simple form as I will describe below The idea of my first game will be 3D board game where the objective is to move through the board avoiding traps. You will move through the board using some sort of chance of luck form, like a wheel spin or a roll of a dice. It would be single player as getting it mulitplayer would be extremely hard to get working. The colour scheme I have in my head for this ide...
After this weeks progress on my final 2D platformer game I was able to do my first working test run. With all my scripting added. I managed to add a Camera Movement script, Death Script and Finish line script. I have made it so the platforms are a lot smaller to make the game a little more tricky to play one and to try to test the skills of the player I had also added and move the purple cubes of death in multiple places across the map and I made on underneath the map so when the player dies and falls he resets at the start of the current level the player is on. The camera movement also follows the player across the map and onto the next level. Also with the death script anything in purple will send the player back to the start of the level if it is touches. I used an game object and scripting to make this possible. Finish Line script is applied to the end of the level and will make you teleport to the next level which is labelled "level2"
Comments
Post a Comment