Brainstorm

 As I have completed most of the tutorial tasks since the start of this semester. I now have to come up with an idea for a game idea of my own for a 2D game, There are so many routes I can go with this. But when I think of a few of my favourite 2D games I think of the old Nintendo games or old school arcade games such as Pokémon, or the 2D racing games.


I believe making a 2D racing game would be very fun and probably quite simple if I were to go ahead with that idea. I would like a desert feel to the background like it was mad max where 2 drivers were to race each other to the finish line.


But after thinking off that idea one game came to mind that I was addicted to as a kid and that Geometry Dash. Your playing as a cube avoiding all the obstacles in your path. This game required your full focus to complete it and make it to the very end. I would like to try make my game off that idea and I do think it would be very fun to play and complete


For this I would have a repeating background as the player moves a long. I will also like to have objects in the way that will harm the player if that object is touched by said player. Also some other small things like holes in the ground if the player falls through then it is game over.

I would Like a black and red colour scheme to give that evil dungeon vibe to the map or even a purple and black. With a tiled background maybe and that is where I believe the tilemaps function will come into play. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Introduction

Game Design Document